What you can learn at UX Boot Camp
January 8, 2017
UX Boot Camps are a fun way of inspiring people to learn something new. They are designed to give you an overview of what possibilities lay ahead. User experience is a term that is known to most of the people in the software and design industry but very few people know how to implement it in their work. Many lack the skill needed to create human-centered design. Good User Experiences are what will set you apart from your competitors.
With the booming IT sector of our country, what we lack is products and services that are designed around a user’s wants, needs and expectations. As a result, we are unable to hold on to a loyal customer base. The whole concept of hosting User Experience Boot Camps was to encourage the design and developer community of our country to come forward and learn the best practices of User Experience Design. We want to inspire them to create designs that are followed by others around the world.
If you are thinking of joining our UX Boot Camp and want to what you can learn from it, here’s a list for you:
- Understanding of Design – Design is not only something that looks good, it is also about how something works to solve a problem. Once you are done with the UX Boot Camp, your whole concept of design will change. You will learn to better understand the concept behind the designs that you see around yourself. You will be able to create designs that are more meaningful and aesthetic.
- Critical Thinking – Critical thinking is very important for solving issues. You need to question your thoughts and re-evaluate the answers you get in order to come to a conclusion. Critical thinking is needed when you are doing human-centered design. At the UX Boot Camp you will learn how to identify problems, deconstruct them and then reassess them.
- Problem Identification– We are often unable to solve problems because we fail to identify where in the problem lies. We will teach you how to diversify your thought process so that you can identify the problems and then target the root cause.
- Understanding of User goals– Users are often vague and confused about what they want. It is our job as designers to ask the right questions and find out their goals. You can learn about the methods you can use to understand your users better, at the UX Boot Camp.
- Human-centered thinking – When you are designing, you have to understand that it is humans/users that you are designing for. Humans are prone to errors. Thinking about your design from the users’ point of view is the first and foremost rule for User Experience Design. We will show you how you can come up with User-Centered Design.
- Collaboration– Most of the projects fail due to lack of collaboration among team members. Working as a team for User Experience Design. Your team mates can offer you with opinions that you might have missed and stop you from being biased about your design. The interactive session in our UX Boot Camp will be an introduction to how people with different opinions can work together to come up with a usable and accessible design.
- Goal oriented solution – Learn to think diversely by brainstorming with your team mates at the UX Boot Camp. When you are brainstorming, you will come up with a large number of possible solutions to a single problem. Our mentors and facilitator will guide you on how to narrow down on the solutions to come up with the best possible solution to a problem.
- Iteration– Last but not the least, learn about the importance of iteration in any Human-centered design process by working at the interactive session of the UX Boot Camp.
The last UX Boot Camp was held by Userhub in collaboration with Learn UX, on 5th November, 2016 at the city’s capital. To get a glimpse of what happens at the UX Boot Camp watch the video:
With the beginning of a new year, why not pledge to design better solutions for ourselves and our users! Join the next UX Boot Camp on 21st January, 2017 at the Institution of Diploma Engineers, Bangladesh (IDEB). Learn to Design better!